Learning and the Dynamics of Exporting: Theory and Evidence from French Firms
Abstractof exporting behavior. In addition - and diﬀerently from a standard sunk cost model - the model predicts more persistence of exporting behavior in markets with better legal institutions and for more productive exporters. We test these and other predictions on French ﬁrm level export data that include information on the destinations of individual ﬁrms’ exports and ﬁnd strong evidence in favor of our model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Economic Dynamics in its series 2009 Meeting Papers with number 606.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Christian Zimmermann Economic Research Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis PO Box 442 St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Besedes, Tibor & Prusa, Thomas J., 2006. "Product differentiation and duration of US import trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 339-358, December.
- Luis Araujo & Emanuel Ornelas, 2007.
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0820, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ines Buono & Harald Fadinger, 2012.
"The micro dynamics of exporting: evidence from French firms,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
880, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Buono, Ines & Fadinger, Harald & Berger, Stefan, 2008. "The Micro Dynamics of Exporting: Evidence from French Firms," MPRA Paper 12940, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ines Buono & Harald Fadinger & Stefan Berger, 2008. "The Micro Dynamic of Exporting-Evidence from French Firms," Vienna Economics Papers 0901, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Gábor Békés & Balázs Muraközy, 2011.
"Temporary trade and heterogeneous firms,"
CeFiG Working Papers
6, Center for Firms in the Global Economy, revised 13 Feb 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.