Credit and Banking in a DSGE model
Abstracteuro area banking rates, this attenuator effect can be sizeable but short-lived. The model also allows analyzing the consequences of a tightening of credit conditions that reduces the supply of credit and increases banks' interest rates independently of monetary policy. In such a scenario, the greatest contribution to the negative effects on output components comes from spillovers from the tightening on firms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Economic Dynamics in its series 2009 Meeting Papers with number 586.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Christian Zimmermann Economic Research Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis PO Box 442 St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2005.
"House Prices, Borrowing Constraints, and Monetary Policy in the Business Cycle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 739-764, June.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2002. "House prices, borrowing constraints and monetary policy in the business cycle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 542, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 06 Dec 2004.
- Aqib Aslam & Emiliano Santoro, 2008. "Bank Lending, Housing and Spreads," Discussion Papers 08-27, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Vasco Curdia & Michael Woodford, 2008.
"Credit Frictions and Optimal Monetary Policy,"
0809-02, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Kok, Christoffer & Werner, Thomas, 2006. "Bank interest rate pass-through in the euro area: a cross country comparison," Working Paper Series 0580, European Central Bank.
- Javier Andrés & Oscar Arce, 2012.
"Banking Competition, Housing Prices and Macroeconomic Stability,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(565), pages 1346-1372, December.
- Javier Andrés & Óscar J. Arce, 2009. "Banking competition, housing prices and macroeconomic stability," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0830, Banco de Espa�a.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.