AbstractWe study an economy where firms face credit constraints tied to the value of their assets and financiers differ in their information on the market for firms' assets. Financiers with poor information on the asset market make mistakes in asset liquidation, hoarding assets during booms and trading them during recessions. We find that asset liquidity and the composition -informed versus uninformed- of firms' financiers breed each other in a cumulative fashion and that their interaction generates cycles in asset values and output
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Economic Dynamics in its series 2006 Meeting Papers with number 676.
Date of creation: 03 Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Christian Zimmermann Economic Research Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis PO Box 442 St. Louis MO 63166-0442 USA
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Asset Liquidity; Business Fluctuations; Firm Financing;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2004.
"Liquidity, Efficiency, and Bank Bailouts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 455-483, June.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Liquidity, Efficiency and Bank Bailouts," NBER Working Papers 9158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Liquidity, Efficiency and Bank Bailouts," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-33, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Agliari Anna & Assenza Tiziana & Delli Gatti Domenico & Santoro Emiliano, 2007.
"Credit Cycles in a OLG Economy with Money and Bequest,"
Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006
103, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Anna Agliari & Tiziana Assenza & Domenico Delli Gatti & Emiliano Santoro, 2006. "Credit Cycles in a OLG Economy with Money and Bequest," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 369, Society for Computational Economics.
- Agliari, A. & Assenza, T. & Delli Gatti, D. & Santoro, E., 2007. ""Credit Cycle" in an OLG Economy with Money and Bequest," CeNDEF Working Papers 07-04, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.