Flessibilità e istituzioni nel mercato del lavoro: dagli economisti classici agli economisti istituzionalisti
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to explore, through a review of the literature, the wage theory and the institutions of the labor market, in the thought of some classical, institutional, keynesian and marginal economists, whose contribution has been fundamental for the economic theory and for the analysis of the labor market in particular. The objective is to show that, except for the marginal economists, the economic system does not converge spontaneously towards the equilibrium of the labor market, and unemployment positions and rigid wages are empirically prevailing and theoretically justified phenomena. Moreover, the flexibility of the labor market, with respect to both wages and permanent adjustments of labor to firms, does not seem the most appropriate policy which guarantees full employment and greater productivity. On the contrary, such a relation is strongly questioned at theoretical and empirical level.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre in its series Working Papers with number 0706.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision: 2007
mercato del lavoro; produttività; istituzioni economiche.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2007-11-17 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2007-11-17 (Labour Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pasquale Tridico, 2012.
"Italy from economic decline to the current crisis,"
0005, ASTRIL - Associazione Studi e Ricerche Interdisciplinari sul Lavoro.
- Pasquale Tridico, 2013. "Italy: From Economic Decline to the Current crisis," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0173, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Sebastiano Fadda & Antonella Mennella & Pasquale Tridico, 2012. "Flessibilità e produttività: il caso del lavoro in somministrazione," Working Papers 0004, ASTRIL - Associazione Studi e Ricerche Interdisciplinari sul Lavoro.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesca Vaino).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.