Insurance Coverage for Prescription Drugs: Effects on Use and Expenditures in the Medicare Population
AbstractThis research addresses the effect of prescription drug insurance coverage on the use and expenditures for prescription medications in the elderly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by RAND Corporation Publications Department in its series Working Papers with number 99-09.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1776 Main Street, P.O. Box 2138, Santa Monica, California 90407-2138
Web page: http://www.rand.org/pubs/
More information through EDIRC
MEDICAL COSTS ; MEDICAMENTS ; AGED;
Other versions of this item:
- Lillard, L.A. & Rogowski, J. & Kington, R., 1999. "Insurance Coverage for Prescription Drugs: Effects on Use and Expenditures in the Medicare Population," Papers 99-09, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amitabh Chandra & Jonathan Gruber & Robin McKnight, 2007. "Patient Cost-Sharing, Hospitalization Offsets, and the Design of Optimal Health Insurance for the Elderly," NBER Working Papers 12972, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adriana Lleras-Muney & Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2002. "The Effect of Education on Medical Technology Adoption: Are the More Educated More Likely to Use New Drugs," NBER Working Papers 9185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deborah A. Freund & Don Willison & Grant D. Reeher & Bernie O'Brien & Jarold Cosby & Amy Ferraro, 2000. "Pharmaceuticals and the Elderly: A Comparative Analysis," Center for Policy Research Working Papers, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University 17, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Lauren Cipriano & Bert Chesworth & Chris Anderson & Gregory Zaric, 2007. "Predicting joint replacement waiting times," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 195-215, June.
- Munkin M & Trivedi P. K, 2009. "Incentives and Selection Effects of Drug Coverage on Total Drug Expenditure: a Finite Mixture Approach," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York 09/22, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Omar Paccagnella & Vincenzo Rebba & Guglielmo Weber, 2013. "VOLUNTARY PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE AMONG THE OVER 50s IN EUROPE," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 289-315, 03.
- Panos Kanavos & Marin Gemmill-Toyama, 2010. "Prescription drug coverage among elderly and disabled Americans: can Medicare—Part D reduce inequities in access?," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 203-218, September.
- Nasreen Khan & Robert Kaestner & Swu Jane Lin, 2007. "Prescription Drug Insurance and Its Effect on Utilization and Health of the Elderly," NBER Working Papers 12848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhou Yang & Donna B. Gilleskie & Edward C. Norton, 2004. "Prescription Drugs, Medical Care, and Health Outcomes: A Model of Elderly Health Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 10964, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melissa Boyle, 2008. "Costs and Benefits of Elderly Prescription Drug Coverage: Evidence from Veterans’ Health Care," Working Papers 0803, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 2004. "Managed Care, Drug Benefits and Mortality: An Analysis of the Elderly," NBER Working Papers 10204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2006.
"Importation and Innovation,"
NBER Working Papers
12539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benson Wong).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.