Urbanization, Development and Under-Five Mortality Differentials by Place of Residence in Sao Paulo, Brazil, 1970-1991
AbstractThe author examines differentials in under-five mortality for the state of Sao Paulo, Brazil, between urban and rural areas and by location within urban areas between 1970 and 1991. He also investigates economic inequalities in under-five mortality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by RAND Corporation Publications Department in its series Working Papers with number 02-13.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1776 Main Street, P.O. Box 2138, Santa Monica, California 90407-2138
Web page: http://www.rand.org/pubs/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kakwani, Nanak & Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1997. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health: Measurement, computation, and statistical inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 87-103, March.
- Samuel H. Preston & Michael R. Haines, 1991. "Fatal Years: Child Mortality in Late Nineteenth-Century America," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number pres91-1, July.
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1998. "Estimating wealth effects without expenditure data - or tears : with an application to educational enrollments in states of India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1994, The World Bank.
- Sastry, Narayan, 1997. "What explains rural-urban differentials in child mortality in Brazil?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 989-1002, April.
- Defo, B.A., 1996. "Areal and Socioeconomic Differentials in Infant and Child Mortality in Cameroon," Papers 96-05, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Brockerhoff, Martin, 1995. "Child survival in big cities: The disadvantages of migrants," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1371-1383, May.
- Martin Brockerhoff, 1990. "Rural-to-Urban migration and child survival in Senegal," Demography, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 601-616, November.
- Defo, Barthélémy Kuate, 1996. "Areal and socioeconomic differentials in infant and child mortality in Cameroon," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 399-420, February.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1991. "The Poor and the Social Sectors during a Period of Macroeconomic Adjustment: Empirical Evidence for Jamaica," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(2), pages 291-313, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benson Wong).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.