Uniform Bias Study and Bahadur Representation for Local Polynomial Estimators of the Conditional Quantile Function
AbstractThis paper investigates the bias and the Bahadur representation of a local polynomial estimator of the conditional quantile function and its derivatives. The bias and Bahadur remainder term are studied uniformly with respect to the quantile level, the covariates and the smoothing parameter. The order of the local polynomial estimator can be higher that the differentiability order of the conditional quantile function. Applications of the results deal with global optimal consistency rates of the local polynomial quantile estimator, performance of random bandwidths and estimation of the conditional quantile density function. The latter allows to obtain a simple estimator of the conditional quantile function of the private values in a first price sealed bids auctions under the independent private values paradigm and risk neutrality.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance in its series Working Papers with number 648.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Bahadur representation; Conditional quantile function; Local polynomial estimation; Econometrics of auctions;
Other versions of this item:
- Guerre, Emmanuel & Sabbah, Camille, 2012. "Uniform Bias Study And Bahadur Representation For Local Polynomial Estimators Of The Conditional Quantile Function," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 87-129, February.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S, 2008. "Nonparametric Estimation of Conditional CDF and Quantile Functions With Mixed Categorical and Continuous Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 423-434.
- Marmer, Vadim & Shneyerov, Artyom, 2012.
"Quantile-based nonparametric inference for first-price auctions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 167(2), pages 345-357.
- Marmer, Vadim & Shneyerov, Artyom, 2006. "Quantile-Based Nonparametric Inference for First-Price Auctions," MPRA Paper 5899, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Mar 2006.
- Marmer, Vadim & Shneyerov, Artyom, 2008. "Quantile-Based Nonparametric Inference for First-Price Auctions," Microeconomics.ca working papers marmer-08-01-17-12-16-12, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 16 May 2013.
- Emmanuel Guerre & Isabelle Perrigne & Quang Vuong, 2000. "Optimal Nonparametric Estimation of First-Price Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(3), pages 525-574, May.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521496032 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emmanuel Guerre & Isabelle Perrigne & Quang Vuong, 2009. "Nonparametric Identification of Risk Aversion in First-Price Auctions Under Exclusion Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1193-1227, 07.
- Kong, Efang & Linton, Oliver & Xia, Yingcun, 2013.
"Global Bahadur Representation For Nonparametric Censored Regression Quantiles And Its Applications,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(05), pages 941-968, October.
- Efang Kong & Oliver Linton & Yingcun Xia, 2011. "Global Bahadur representation for nonparametric censored regression quantiles and its applications," CeMMAP working papers CWP33/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sokbae 'Simon' Lee & Kyungchul Song & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2014.
"Testing for a general class of functional inequalities,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP09/14, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sokbae Lee & Kyungchul Song & Yoon-Jae Whang, 2014. "Testing For A General Class Of Functional Inequalities," KIER Working Papers 889, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Shih-Kang Chao & Katharina Proksch & Holger Dette & Wolfgang Härdle, 2014. "Confidence Corridors for Multivariate Generalized Quantile Regression," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2014-028, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nick Vriend).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.