Determinants of Negotiated Wage Increases: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractDuring the past decade, a considerable amount of econometric research has been devoted to the explanation of movements in wages. Most empirical studies have used a basic disequilibrium model, first suggested by Philips, in which the change in money wage rates is related to the level of unemployment. Statistical problems are briefly discussed in section 1 of the paper, and the main implications of our study for the aggregate Phillips Curve are given in Section 3.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Queen's University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 19.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: Mar 1970
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Sparks, Gordon R & Wilton, David A, 1971. "Determinants of Negotiated Wage Increases: An Empirical Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 739-50, September.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Menil, George, 1969. "Nonlinearity in a Wage Equation for United States Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(2), pages 202-06, May.
- Lacroix, Robert & Dussault, François, 1979. "La grève : ses facteurs déterminants et son effet sur les hausses de salaire. Une synthèse critique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 55(4), pages 545-567, octobre.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J & Sanfey, Peter, 1996.
"Wages, Profits, and Rent-Sharing,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 111(1), pages 227-51, February.
- F. J. Reid, 1976. "Canadian Wage and Price Controls," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 2(1), pages 103-112, Winter.
- Frank Reid, 1980. "Unemployment and Inflation: An Assessment of Canadian Macroeconomic Policy," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 6(2), pages 283-299, Spring.
- Amy Peng & Louis N. Christofides, 2009. "Real Wage Chronology," Working Papers 011, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Louis Christofides & Amy Chen Peng, 2007.
"Real Wage Chronologies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2096, CESifo Group Munich.
- J.C.R. Rowley & D.A. Wilton, 1971. "Quarterly Models of Wage Determination: Some New Efficient Estimates," Working Papers 51, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.