New Product Introduction and Market Evolution
AbstractWe solve for an S-shaped schedule for market size for a new product that undergoes gradual widespread adoption. We hypothesize that the speed of market expansion is positively related to the current proÂ…t per unit being produced. In a mature market the unit profit is relatively low.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Queen's University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 1280.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2011
Date of revision:
product cycle; successful innovation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
- M39 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Silvia Bertarelli & Roberto Censolo, 2006. "Taste For Variety, Taste For Novelty And Price Behaviour," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 93-111, 02.
- Bianchi, Marina, 2002. "Novelty, preferences, and fashion: when goods are unsettling," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-18, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.