The Measurement Of Rates Of Return And Taxation From Private Capital In Canada
AbstractInformation on the rates of return and effective rates of taxation from capital in the private sectors of an economy are prerequisites for both rational public sector project evaluations and for measurement of the degree of equity and excess burden credited by the economy’s taxation system. In many countries accurate knowledge of the values of these variables is absent. The principal objective of this study is to overcome this dearth of information in the case of Canada.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by JDI Executive Programs in its series Development Discussion Papers with number 1973-02.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Feb 1973
Date of revision:
rate of return; capital; Canada;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Glenn Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo, 2007.
"The Economic Opportunity Cost of Capital for Canada - An Empirical Update,"
Development Discussion Papers
2007-04, JDI Executive Programs.
- Glenn Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo, 2007. "The Economic Opportunity Cost of Capital for Canada - An Empirical Update," Working Papers 1133, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Glenn Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo & Arnold C. Harberger, 2011. "Cost-Benefit Analysis for Investment Decisions: Chapter 8 (The Economic Opportunity Cost of Capital)," Development Discussion Papers 2011-08, JDI Executive Programs.
- Glenn Jenkins & CHUN-YAN KUO & JOHN GIRALDEZ, 2007. "Canadian Regulatory Cost-Benefit Analysis Guide," Development Discussion Papers 2007-03, JDI Executive Programs.
- Chun-Yan Kuo & Steven Clark, 1991. "An Evaluation of the Exploration Tax Credit," Development Discussion Papers 1991-14, JDI Executive Programs.
- Harry F. Campbell, 1975. "A Benefit/Cost Rule for Evaluating Public Projects in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 1(2), pages 171-175, Spring.
- Rousseau, Henri-Paul, 1978. "L’incidence de la rente publique sur l’épargne privée : un survol de la littérature théorique et empirique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 54(4), pages 463-499, octobre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bahman Kashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.