Capital Appraisal Handbook For Provincial Roads: Limpopo Province
AbstractIt has been a challenge for the Limpopo Provincial Government to tackle the eradication of poverty and the acceleration of the pace of economic growth in the province. It is of importance for the Government to provide the basic infrastructure facilities such as roads, water, electricity, and telecommunication for not only the development of the region, but also the creation of a strong private sector. This handbook focuses on the process of capital appraisal by the Roads Agency Limpopo (RAL) so as to contribute to the Government in its continuous effort to improve the quality of public infrastructure delivery by its departments. The appraisal methodology employed in the handbook is based on an integrated financial, economic, stakeholder and risk analysis of new investment projects, as well as maintenance, and expansion decisions. The handbook presents that the Government officials can use the proposed methodology together with the Deighton Total Infrastructure Management System (dTIMS CTTM) software program for the allocation of the funds to the Limpopo roads, new and old, in an economically and socially efficient manner.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by JDI Executive Programs in its series Development Discussion Papers with number 2004-05.
Length: 149 pages
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
road construction and maintenance; cost-benefit analysis; South Africa;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- H76 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other Expenditure Categories
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-PPM-2013-10-25 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-TRE-2013-10-25 (Transport Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bahman Kashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.