Cost-Benefit Analysis for Investment Decisions: Forward, Table of Contents, Preface and Chapter 1 (The Integrated Analysis of Investment Projects)
AbstractThe goal of a proper project evaluation is to stop bad projects and to prevent good projects from being rejected. This book on Cost-Benefit Analysis for Investment Decisions is aimed at helping public officials and private analysts develop and evaluate investment projects to promote economic and social well-being of the country in question. The book proceeds from the formulation and definition of a project to the data requirements for an evaluation, then to the criteria used for accepting a good or rejecting a bad project from both the financial and the economic viewpoints, and finally to the analysis and management of many types of uncertainty faced by various stakeholders. These components are integrated into the analysis in a consistent manner. This chapter contains an overview of the book and of the components of such an integrated appraisal.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by JDI Executive Programs in its series Development Discussion Papers with number 2011-01.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision:
Integrated Analysis; Project Definition; Project Cycle;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAM-2011-09-16 (Central & South America)
- NEP-PBE-2011-09-16 (Public Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dinwiddy,Caroline L. & Teal,Francis J., 1996.
"Principles of Cost-Benefit Analysis for Developing Countries,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521473583, October.
- Dinwiddy,Caroline L. & Teal,Francis J., 1996. "Principles of Cost-Benefit Analysis for Developing Countries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521479165, October.
- Campbell,Harry F. & Brown,Richard P. C., 2003. "Benefit-Cost Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521528986, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bahman Kashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.