Conflicts with Multiple Battlefields
AbstractThis paper examines conflicts in which performance is measured by the players' success or failure in multiple component conflicts, commonly termed "battlefields." In multi-battlefield conflicts, behavioral linkages across battlefields depend both on the technologies of conflict within each battlefield and the nature of economies or diseconomies in how battlefield out- comes and costs aggregate in determining payoffs in the overall conflict.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Purdue University, Department of Economics in its series Purdue University Economics Working Papers with number 1246.
Length: 38 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2010
Date of revision:
Con ict; Contest; Battle eld; Colonel Blotto Game; Auction; Lottery;
Other versions of this item:
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Che,Y.K. & Gale,I., 1998.
"Difference-form contests and the robustness of all-pay auctions,"
Working papers, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems
6, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian, 2000. "Difference-Form Contests and the Robustness of All-Pay Auctions," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 22-43, January.
- Montero García, Maria & Possajennikow, Alex & Sefton, Martín & Turocy, Theodore L., 2013.
"Majoritarian Contests with Asymmetric Battlefields: An Experiment,"
IKERLANAK, Universidad del PaÃs Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico I
Ikerlanak;2013-76, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- Maria Montero & Alex Possajennikov & Martin Sefton & Theodore Turocy, 2013. "Majoritarian Contests with Asymmetric Battlefields: An Experiment," Discussion Papers, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham 2013-12, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- David Rietzke & Brian Roberson, 2013.
"The robustness of ‘enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend’ alliances,"
Social Choice and Welfare, Springer,
Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 937-956, April.
- David Rietzke & Brian Roberson, 2010. "The Robustness of ‘Enemy-of-My-Enemy-is-My-Friend’ Alliances," Purdue University Economics Working Papers, Purdue University, Department of Economics 1258, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Shakun D. Mago & Roman M. Sheremeta, 2012. "Multi-Battle Contests: An Experimental Study," Working Papers, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute 12-06, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Sudipta Sarangi & Dan Kovenock & Matt Wiser, . "All-Pay Hex: A Multibattle Contest With Complementarities," Departmental Working Papers, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University 2012-06, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- S. Goyal & A. Vigier, 2013. "Attack, Defense and Contagion in Networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge 1327, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Denter, Philipp, 2013. "A theory of communication in political campaigns," Economics Working Paper Series, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science 1302, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Osório Costa, Antonio Miguel, 2013.
"The Lottery Blotto Game,"
Working Papers, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics
2072/211806, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Marcin Dziubiński, 2013. "Non-symmetric discrete General Lotto games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 801-833, November.
- Roland Hodler & Hadi Yektas, 2013. "Wars of Conquest and Independence," CESifo Working Paper Series, CESifo Group Munich 4282, CESifo Group Munich.
- Godinho, Pedro & Dias, Joana, 2013. "Two-player simultaneous location game: Preferential rights and overbidding," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 229(3), pages 663-672.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krannert PHD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.