Statistical Arbitrage with Default and Collateral
AbstractIn this paper we study the implications of the absence of statistical arbitrage opportunities (SAO) in a two-period incomplete market economy where default is allowed but there are collateral requirements. We study the existence of state price deflators and the existence of a solution for the individual optimality problem, obtaining modified versions of the fundamental theorems of asset pricing. Then, we address the existence of equilibrium.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department in its series Working Papers with number w200808.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orrillo, Jaime, 2005. "Collateral once again," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 27-33, April.
- Rui Pedro Esteves & Jaime Reis & Fabiano Ferramosca, 2005.
"Market Integration in the Golden Periphery - the Lisbon/London Exchange, 1854-1891,"
w200515, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Esteves, Rui Pedro & Reis, Jaime & Ferramosca, Fabiano, 2009. "Market Integration in the Golden Periphery. The Lisbon/London Exchange, 1854-1891," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 324-345, July.
- Rui Esteves & Jaime Reis, 2007. "Market Integration in the Golden Periphery,The Lisbon/London Exchange, 1854-1891," Economics Series Working Papers 338, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Araujo, Aloisio. & Fajardo, J. & Páscoa. M. R., 2004.
Finance Lab Working Papers
flwp_68, Finance Lab, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- MÃ¡rio PÃ¡scoa & Aloisio Araujo & JosÃ© Fajardo, 2004. "Endogenous Collateral," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 161, Econometric Society.
- Páscoa, Mario Rui & Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de & Barbachan, José Fajardo, 2003. "Endogenous Collateral," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 511, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Fajardo, Jose, 2005.
"A note on arbitrage and exogenous collateral,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 336-341, November.
- Matos, Joao Amaro de & Lacerda, Ana, 2006. "Dry Markets and Statistical Arbitrage Bounds for European Derivatives," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp479, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2003.
"Stationary Equilibria in Asset-Pricing Models with Incomplete Markets and Collateral,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1767-1793, November.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2001. "Stationary Equilibria in Asset-Pricing Models with Incomplete Markets and Collateral," Discussion Papers 1319, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- José Fajardo, 2010. "Behavioral arbitrage with collateral and uncertain deliveries," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 241-254, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEE-NTDD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.