An Open Economy Model of the Euro Area and the US
AbstractTaking stock of the recent developments in the New Open Macroeconomics literature, we build a two country Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium (DSGE) model of the euro area and the US, with nominal rigidities and imperfect exchange rate passthrough. The model is calibrated using parameters found in the literature. In order to illustrate the model’s dynamics we simulate its response to a number of shocks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department in its series Working Papers with number w200718.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Sandra Gomes & João Sousa, 2007. "An Open Economy Model of the Euro Area and the US," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T., 2000.
"Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-313, October.
- Andrew Levin & Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson, 1999. "Optimal Monetary Policy with Staggered Wage and Price Contracts," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1151, Society for Computational Economics.
- Ryo Kato & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2002. "Matlab code for a sticky wage/price model," QM&RBC Codes 114, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson & Andrew T. Levin, 1999. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," International Finance Discussion Papers 640, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Tom Doan, . "RATS program to solve Erceg-Henderson-Levin model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00051, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Adolfson, Malin & Laséen, Stefan & Lindé, Jesper & Villani, Mattias, 2008. "Empirical Properties Of Closed- And Open-Economy Dsge Models Of The Euro Area," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(S1), pages 2-19, April.
- Adolfson, Malin & Laséen, Stefan & Lindé, Jesper & Villani, Mattias, 2005.
"Bayesian Estimation of an Open Economy DSGE Model with Incomplete Pass-Through,"
Working Paper Series
179, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Adolfson, Malin & Laseen, Stefan & Linde, Jesper & Villani, Mattias, 2007. "Bayesian estimation of an open economy DSGE model with incomplete pass-through," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 481-511, July.
- Sandra Gomes & Pascal Jacquinot & Massimiliano Pisani, 2010.
"The EAGLE. A model for policy analysis of macroeconomic interdependence in the euro area,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
770, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gomes, S. & Jacquinot, P. & Pisani, M., 2012. "The EAGLE. A model for policy analysis of macroeconomic interdependence in the euro area," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1686-1714.
- Sandra Gomes & P. Jacquinot & M. Pisani, 2010. "The EAGLE. A model for policy analysis of macroeconomic interdependence in the euro area," Working Papers w201006, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Gomes, Sandra & Jacquinot, Pascal & Pisani, Massimiliano, 2010. "The EAGLE. A model for policy analysis of macroeconomic interdependence in the euro area," Working Paper Series 1195, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEE-NTDD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.