The Effect of Unionization on Wages in the Public Sector: The Case of Fire Fighters
AbstractExamination of the effects of public-sector union, the International Association of Fire Fighters, on the wages of the association's constituent membership. Reasons for expecting demand inelasticity in the case of firemen; Conceptual framework used in the study; Effect of unionism; Significance of the results. (Abstract copyright EBSCO.)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section. in its series Working Papers with number 394.
Date of creation: 1970
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Firestone Library, Princeton, New Jersey 08544-2098
Phone: 609 258-4041
Fax: 609 258-2907
Web page: http://www.irs.princeton.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Orley Ashenfelter, 1971. "The effect of unionization on wages in the public sector: The case of fire fighters," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 24(2), pages 191-202, January.
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K.R.Shanmugam & S.Madheswaran, 2004. "Wage Differentials Between Union and Non-union Workers: An Econometric Analysis," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 413, Econometric Society.
- Cousineau, Jean-Michel, 1984. "La détermination des salaires des policiers municipaux au Québec," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 60(2), pages 186-199, juin.
- Bernard Lentz, 1981. "Political and economic determinants of county government pay," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 253-271, January.
- Jan Brueckner & Kevin O'Brien, 1989. "Modeling government behavior in collective bargaining: A test for self-interested bureaucrats," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 63(1), pages 15-41, October.
- Jeffrey S. Zax, 1985. "Labor Relations, Wages and Nonwage Compensation in Municipal Employment," NBER Working Papers 1582, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Long).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.