Software Provision and the Impact of Market Integration: A Note
AbstractBoth deeper market integration and advances in digital technology have driven particularly large decreases in the costs of inter-market software provision. In this note, we first explain the mechanism of how trade costs in uence the software provision decision of software firms. Then, we investigated the transformation of production/trade patterns given gradually decreasing trade costs for software products.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9315.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Toru Kikuchi, 2003. "Interconnectivity of communications networks and international trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 155-167, February.
- Kikuchi, Toru, 2007.
"Network Externalities and Comparative Advantage,"
4613, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henkel, Joachim & Stahl, Konrad & Walz, Uwe, 2000. "Coalition Building in a Spatial Economy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 136-163, January.
- Neil Gandal, 2002. "Compatibility, Standardization, and Network Effects: Some Policy Implications," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 80-91, Spring.
- Gandal, Neil & Shy, Oz, 2001.
"Standardization policy and international trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 363-383, April.
- Toru Kikuchi & Kazumichi Iwasa, 2009. "Competing Industrial Standards and the Impact of Trade Liberalization:Revised and Enlarged," Discussion Papers 0913, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Toru Kikuchi & Kazumichi Iwasa, 2011.
"Competing Industrial Standards and the Impact of Trade Liberalization,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 269-284.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Iwasa, Kazumichi, 2008. "Competing Industrial Standards and the Impact of Trade Liberalization," MPRA Paper 8802, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.