Yükselen Piyasalarda Finansal Kriz
[Financial Crises in Emerging Markets]
AbstractThe 1980s witnessed the failure of the planned economic development models and absolute victory of the free trade thought. However, the context of the 1990s also included money and capital free movements besides foreign exchange and banking crises. The effective demand crisis of 1929, social expenditure and balance of payment crises of the 1970s have developed the corrective characteristics of free trade or capitalist model. In the recent 20 years, not only economic but also political and institutional factors have been embedded into models to understand the nature of social life. Macro economic management, political regime, openness, forex regime, and competition and dynamism of private sector need to be handled altogether. Many other developed and developing countries also experienced the crisis process which Turkey has suffered so much. European monetary system crisis in 1990-92 (Britain, France, Portugal, and Sweden), Mexican crisis in 1994, Asian crisis in 1997, Russian and Brazilian crises in 1998 and finally the financial and economic crisis of Turkey between 2000 and2001 are the examples of the new generation crises. This article compares the nature and logic of recent economic fluctuations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9092.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision: 2001
Financial crisis; emerging markets; new generation crises;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher L. Culp & Steve H. Hanke & Merton H. Miller, 1999. "The Case For An Indonesian Currency Board," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 11(4), pages 57-65.
- Mario I. Blejer & Alfredo M. Leone & Pau Rabanal & Gerd Schwartz, 2001.
"Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
116, Central Bank of Chile.
- Mario I. Blejer & Alfredo M. Leone & Pau Rabanal & Gerd Schwartz, 2002. "Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 49(3), pages 2.
- Mario Blejer & Alfredo Leone & Pau Rabanal & Gerd Schwartz, 2002. "Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Inflation Targeting: Desing, Performance, Challenges, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 10, pages 439-464 Central Bank of Chile.
- Gerd Schwartz & Pau Rabanal & Mario I. BlÃ©jer & Alfredo Mario Leone, 2001. "Inflation Targeting in the Context of IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs," IMF Working Papers 01/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel, 1999.
"What caused the Asian currency and financial crisis?,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-373, October.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 343, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Corsetti, G. & Pesenti, P. & Roubini, N., 1998. "What Caused the Asian Currency and Financial Crisis?," Papers 343, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Singh, A. & Weisse, B. A., 1998.
"Emerging Stock Markets, Portfolio Capital Flows and Long-term Economic Growth: Micro and Macroeconomic Perspectives,"
Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers
98-af40, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Singh, Ajit & Weisse, Bruce A., 1998. "Emerging stock markets, portfolio capital flows and long-term economie growth: Micro and macroeconomic perspectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 607-622, April.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 1998. "Financial Crises in Emerging Markets," NBER Working Papers 6606, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey Sachs, 1998. "The Onset of the East Asian Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 6680, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy D. Lane & A. Javier Hamann & Marianne Schulze-Gattas & Ales Bulir & Steven Phillips & Atish R. Ghosh & Alex Mourmouras & Jack Boorman, 2000.
"Managing Financial Crises - The Experience in East Asia,"
IMF Working Papers
00/107, International Monetary Fund.
- Boorman, Jack & Lane, Timothy & Schulze-Ghattas, Marianne & Bulir, Ales & Ghosh, Atish R. & Hamann, Javier & Mourmouras, Alex & Phillips, Steven, 2000. "Managing financial crises: the experience in East Asia," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-67, December.
- Ross Levine & Sara Zervos, .
"Stock markets, banks and economic growth ,"
CERF Discussion Paper Series
95-11, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Yılmaz AKYÜZ, 1994. "Ekonomide Liberalleşme Ve Sanayileşme Latin Amerika Deneyimi," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 9(96), pages 5-20.
- Michael Bordo & Barry Eichengreen & Daniela Klingebiel & Maria Soledad Martinez-Peria, 2001. "Is the crisis problem growing more severe?," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 51-82, 04.
- HÃ©lÃ¨ne Poirson, 2001. "How Do Countries Choose Their Exchange Rate Regime?," IMF Working Papers 01/46, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.