Türk Ekonomisinde Modernleşme Krizleri: Menderes Dönemi ve Planlı Dönem Ekonomik Krizleri
[Modernization Crises in the Turkish Economy: Menderes and Planned Era Crises]
AbstractThe Menderes era can be seen the first birth for the modern Turkey. The reason is that all political and economic policies implemented in this period were completely adverse of the previous era (the Inonu era). Nevertheless, structural economic insufficiencies also brought the end of this period. Turkey started to experience a long wasteful expenditure period with the planned era after 1963. This intended wasteful expenditure period lasted until 1977. The second critical time period for modern Turkey started with 1980. January 24 Decisions has changed deeply the development strategy carried out until that day. This second strategy almost reached its limits in 1988. With economic crises in 1994 and 2000, Turkey has seen two big traumas. To cope with economic fluctuations, Turkey has strengthened its long term EU membership policy and IMF-supported economic policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9088.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision: 2002
Publication status: Published in Türkoloji ve Türk Tarihi Araştırmaları III 2002/45.45(2002): pp. 557-576
Menderes era; Planned era; Turkish economic crises;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne O. Krueger & Baran Tuncer, 1980. "Microeconomic Aspects of Productivity Growth under Import Substitution: Turkey," NBER Working Papers 0532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.