Zum Einkommensreichtum Älterer in Deutschland- Neue Reichtumskennzahlen und Ergebnisse aus der Lohnund Einkommensteuerstatistik (FAST 2001)
AbstractThis contribution analyzes income richness of elder persons in Germany in 2001. Using actual data of the German Wage and Income Tax Statistics, which are particularly suitable for the analysis of high incomes, new richness indices are discussed and new results are presented. It appears that the the number of rich people in upper age groups are below the average. But deepening results point out the fact that the richness intensity and the concentration of high income are particularly pronounced for upper age groups. Taking into account partial components, which are necessary to the representation of richness, an above-average relevance of income richness can be ascertained for the elderly in Germany in 2001.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 9037.
Date of creation: Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Einkommensverteilung; Einkommensreichtum; Reichtumskennzahlen; ältere Menschen;
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Böhm & Joachim Merz, 2008. "Zum Einkommensreichtum Älterer in Deutschland-Neue Reichtumskennzahlen und Ergebnisse aus der Lohnund Einkommensteuerstatistik (FAST 2001)," FFB-Discussionpaper 73, Research Institute on Professions (Forschungsinstitut Freie Berufe (FFB)), LEUPHANA University Lüneburg.
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thon, Dominique, 1979. "On Measuring Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 25(4), pages 429-39, December.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1995. "Revisiting the Sen Poverty Index," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1225-30, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.