Advertising in Duopoly Market
AbstractThe paper presents the dynamics of consumer preferences over two competing products acting in duopoly market. The model presented compared the majority and minority rules as well as the modified Snazjd model in the Von Neumann neighborhood. We showed how important advertising in marketing a product is. We show that advertising should also consider the social structure simultaneously with the content of the advertisement and the understanding to the advertised product. Some theoretical explorations are discussed regarding to size of the market, evaluation of effect of the advertising, the types of the advertised products, and the social structure of which the product is marketed. We also draw some illustrative models to be improved as a further work.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 885.
Date of creation: 10 Nov 2006
Date of revision:
advertising; snazjd model; majority model; duopoly market;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-11-25 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2006-11-25 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2006-11-25 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2006-11-25 (Marketing)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katarzyna Sznajd-Weron & Rafal Weron, 2003.
"How effective is advertising in duopoly markets?,"
- Sznajd-Weron, K. & Weron, R., 2003. "How effective is advertising in duopoly markets?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 437-444.
- Situngkir, Hokky, 2010. "Landscape in the Economy of Conspicuous Consumptions," MPRA Paper 22948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.