The Impacts of Atlantic Bonito Rush and the Avian Influenza on Meat Products in Turkey
AbstractThe Atlantic bonito rush experienced in Turkey in the Fall of 2005 coincides with the avian influenza food scare that happened exactly at the same time-period in the country. In this research using time-series techniques, we investigate how the food scare and the excess fish caught jointly influence the demand for meat products in Turkey.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 8507.
Date of creation: Feb 2008
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Sayed H. Saghaian & Gökhan Özertan & Aslihan D. Spaulding, 2008. "The impacts of Atlantic bonito rush and the avian influenza on meat products in Turkey," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 17(16), pages 1-10.
- Saghaian, Sayed H. & Ozertan, Gokhan & Spaulding, Aslihan D., 2008. "The Impacts of Atlantic Bonito Rush and the Avian Influenza on Meat Products in Turkey," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6892, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taha, Fawzi A., 2007. "How Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (H5N1) Has Affected World Poultry-Meat Trade," Miscellaneous Publications 7360, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.