A perspective on the new types of money as the organization's answer to the challenges of the globalization
AbstractThe globalization of the economic activity is profoundly changing long established concepts, customs and ways of doing business all around the globe. One of those concepts is the currency. The globalization and the Internet, really two facets of the same phenomenon, people hugely removed in every way, can meet in the marketplace to exchange their wares. Which money should they use? Is the government issued currency fit for all the exchange purposes? This article will attempt to paint one more way in which the large corporations can act more like national governments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 7945.
Date of creation: Jul 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Annual ARA Congress Proceedings 31st ARA Congress - Proceedings, Presses Internationales Politechniques, 2007 ISBN 978-2-553-01412-3.31st A(2007): pp. 311-312
alternative money; globalization; Government's policy; new fiat currencies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E59 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2008-04-15 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2008-04-15 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.