Gender Diversity in the Boardroom and Financial Performance of Commercial Banks: Evidence from Bangladesh
AbstractIn today’s corporate world, board diversity is a much talked-about topic and gender diversity is an important aspect of board diversity. Gender diversity refers to the presence of women on corporate boards of directors. In this paper, an effort has been made to examine whether an association exists between the financial performance of commercial banks in Bangladesh and presence of women on the boards of directors of these banks and in order to examine the existence of this association, a non-parametric test, namely Kruskal-Wallis H test has been conducted. But the test has yielded conflicting results at different significance levels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 7916.
Date of creation: Dec 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in The Cost & Management 6.34(2007): pp. 70-74
Gender diversity; Board of Directors; Financial Performance and Commercial Banks;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Social Responsibility
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executive Compensation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2008-03-25 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-03-25 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2008-03-25 (Efficiency & Productivity)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.