Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the sport tourism from the perspective of romanian young adults
AbstractSport, as a passive or dynamic activity has an important role in our lives. It has become a social phenomenon. At the same time, the sporting industry represents an “economic phenomenon” generating billions of dollars every year through tickets, sponsorships and TV rights. Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Sport tourism involves traveling and visiting a destination for sporting reasons, either active or passive. The aim of our study is to analyze the importance of sport tourism for young adults in Romania. With the help of questionnaires we will try to find out the importance and the shapes sport tourism can have in the lives of students from different faculties. Additionally, our study brings an overlook on the qualitative and quantitative aspects that characterize this new form of tourism, from the young Romanian adults’ perspective
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 7641.
Date of creation: 11 Mar 2008
Date of revision:
tourism; sport; travel; Romania; young adults. empirical survey;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-SPO-2008-03-15 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2008-03-15 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heinrich R. Bohlmann, 2006. "Predicting the Economic Impact of the 2010 FIFA World Cup on South Africa," Working Papers 200611, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.