Replicating Marx: a Reply to Mohun
AbstractThis is a prepublication version of ‘Replicating Marx: a reply to Mohun’, Capital and Class No. 88, Spring 2006, pp 117-123. ISSN 0309 8168 Kliman (2001) showed that “simultaneist” interpretations – those which hold that Marx valued inputs and outputs simultaneously – contradict his exploitation theory of profit, while the temporal single-system interpretation (TSSI) conforms to it. Mohun, S. 2003. “On the TSSI and the Exploitation Theory of Profit,” Capital and Class 81, Autumn 2003, pp85-102. calls these demonstrations into question. This note defends them.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 6890.
Date of creation: Apr 2006
Date of revision:
Value; Price; Money; Labour; Marx; MELT; Okishio; TSSI; temporalism; rate of profit;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B5 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- B14 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- B12 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Classical (includes Adam Smith)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2008-02-02 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2008-02-02 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freeman, Alan & Kliman, Andrew, 2000. "Two Concepts of Value, Two Rates of Profit, Two Laws of Motion," MPRA Paper 6715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Veneziani, 2004. "The Temporal Single-system Interpretation of Marx's Economics: A Critical Evaluation," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 96-114, 02.
- Mohun, Simon & Veneziani, Roberto, 2006. "The incoherence of the TSSI," MPRA Paper 30451, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Freeman, Alan, 2007. "Money, Labour and Logic: A Critical Comparison," MPRA Paper 48625, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Aug 2011.
- Freeman, Alan, 2010. "Trends in Value Theory since 1881," MPRA Paper 48646, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Jan 2011.
- Freeman, Alan & Kliman, Andrew, 2008. "Simultaneous Valuation vs. the Exploitation Theory of Profit: A summing up," MPRA Paper 6891, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.