Housing Finance System in India and China - An Exploratory Investigation
AbstractThe current work aims at investigating the Housing Finance System in India and china with the follwoing major objectives. (i) To study the structural characteristics of housing finance system such as housing market and housing finance, borrowing contract types, lending and funding and regulations across the countries. (ii) To compare and contrast the evolution and recent trends in housing finance system in India and China. (iii) To assess the potential risk implications including the default, recovery, non-performing advances in this sector, the reasons and the recovery.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 6454.
Date of creation: 26 Dec 2007
Date of revision:
Housing Finance; India; China;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-01-05 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2008-01-05 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2008-01-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luci Ellis, 2006. "Housing and Housing Finance: The View from Australia and Beyond," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2006-12, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2006. "Housing finance in the global financial market," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 26, January.
- Haibin Zhu, 2006. "The structure of housing finance markets and house prices in Asia," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.