A model of university choice: an exploratory approach
AbstractIn order to attract the best students, institutions of higher education need to understand how students select colleges and universities (Kotler and Fox, 1995). Understanding the choice process of a university is an instrument with high potential for developing universities marketing strategies (Plank and Chiagouris, 1997). Although many studies have tried to investigate which criteria students use to select a college or university, few have tried to analyse this trough a model that allows the interaction of all these criteria. This study presents a model of university choice, analysed through structural equations modelling using the Partial Least Squares approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 5523.
Date of creation: 31 Oct 2007
Date of revision:
Marketing; student recruitment and selection; high institution development; strategic planning;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2007-11-03 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2007-11-03 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MKT-2007-11-03 (Marketing)
- NEP-SOG-2007-11-03 (Sociology of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tekle Shanka & Vanessa Quintal & Ruth Taylor, 2005. "Factors Influencing International Students' Choice of an Education Destination--A Correspondence Analysis," Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 31-46, March.
- Richard E. Plank & Larry Chiagouris, 1997. "Perceptions of Quality of Higher Education: An Exploratory Study of High School Guidance Counselors," Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 55-67, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.