Economy as the value streams. Preliminary study
AbstractEconomy can be generally described as a bunch of value streams. At least a part of capital accumulation is assumed to be the consequence of value stream blockage, and a means too keep such blockage. Negative relation between capital accumulation and foreign trade balance coming out from this assumption is supported by the data from national accounts, and hence justify the idea of economy as the value streams. A lot of research ideas are following this assertion, most of them promising results useful for socio-economic policies, and for optimizing institutions and business practices in order to make them more conductive to capital flows.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 54522.
Date of creation: 17 Mar 2014
Date of revision:
value streams; economic stability; economy growth; economic shocks; scaling in economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- Y20 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Introductions and Prefaces - - - Introductions and Prefaces
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2014-03-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2014-03-22 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.