Evolución de largo plazo del Comercio Intraindustrial de manufacturas de España, 1988-2011
[Long term evolution of Manufactures Intraindustry Trade in Spain, 1988-2011]
AbstractThis paper presents the first results of an ongoing research project that work with the microdata from COMEXT database to calculate the levels of intra-industry trade in manufactures between 1988 and 2011. The analysis provides data on the long-term evolution of this phenomenon and its breakdown between vertical IIT and horizontal presenting also a shift-share analysis that allows making explicit the impact it has had the performance of the various sectors in total IIT: their CII level and their weight of each sector in the total trade. Similarly, it provides the sectoral breakdown of IIT levels and various working hypotheses for future research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 51896.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision: 2013
Intraindustry Trade; Spain; Manufactures;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lancaster, Kelvin, 1980. "Intra-industry trade under perfect monopolistic competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 151-175, May.
- Carmela Martin & Jose V. Blanes, 1999.
"The Nature and Causes of Intra-Industry Trade: Back to the Comparative Advantage Explanation? The Case of Spain,"
European Economy Group Working Papers, European Economy Group
1, European Economy Group.
- José Blanes & Carmela Martín, 2000. "The nature and causes of intra-industry trade: Back to the comparative advantage explanation? The case of Spain," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 423-441, 09.
- Claude Clair & Duc-Loi Phan & Olivier Gaussens, 1984. "Le commerce international intra-branche et ses déterminants d'après le schéma de concurrence monopolistique : une vérification empirique," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, Programme National Persée, vol. 35(2), pages 347-378.
- Carmen Mora, 2002. "The role of comparative advantage in trade within industries: A panel data approach for the European Union," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 291-316, June.
- Carrera Troyano, Miguel & De Diego Álvarez, Dorotea, 2013. "Long term evolution of the bilateral Intra Industry Trade between Portugal and Spain, 1988-2011," MPRA Paper 51866, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Carrera Troyano, Miguel & De Diego Álvarez, Dorotea, 2013. "Long term evolution of the bilateral Trade between China and Spain, 1988-2011," MPRA Paper 51841, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.