Barreiro – Modelo para a implementação de um Agência de Investimento Local
[Barreiro - Model for the implementation of a local investment agency]
AbstractThis document, intended to be discuss and criticized, aims for the implementation on the city of Barreiro, Portugal, of a Local Investment Agency. The final objective of such project is to allow entrepreneurs and investors to build in the city new ventures that can create employment, build an entrepreneurship culture, and develop local talent. It also focus on networking as the foundation to gain efficiency and economies of scale that can turn local and small SME´s into a large cooperation that, with the managerial and strategic help of the agency, can produce results in external markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 51671.
Date of creation: Jun 2013
Date of revision:
PME; Start-ups; Agencia Investimento; Economia Local; Empreendedorismo; Financiamento; Capital de Risco; Emprego; Internacionalização; Networks; Estratégia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
- H89 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Other
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- O43 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
- O49 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2013-12-06 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-PPM-2013-12-06 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adam M. Brandenburger & Harborne W. Stuart, 1996. "Value-based Business Strategy," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 5-24, 03.
- Coviello, Nicole & Munro, Hugh, 1997. "Network relationships and the internationalisation process of small software firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 361-386, August.
- Birley, Sue, 1985. "The role of networks in the entrepreneurial process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 107-117.
- Juan Cuadrado-Roura & Luis Rubalcaba-Bermejo, 1998. "Specialization and Competition amongst European Cities: A New Approach through Fair and Exhibition Activities," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 133-147.
- Nicole E Coviello, 2006. "The network dynamics of international new ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(5), pages 713-731, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.