Using Critical Path Analysis (CPA) in Place Marketing process
AbstractThe article awards the use of CPA as a methodological tool in Place Marketing implementation. Taking into account that Place Marketing is a strategic process based on ‘project’ meaning with particular actions in specific time horizon, the article proposed that CPΑ has the capacity to satisfy this hypothesis. For this reason, the article creates a hypothetical scenario of CPA in four phases, planning, programming, implementation and feedback, taking as a case study the city of Rostock in Germany. The analysis shows that CPA is an important tool for Place Marketing since Place Marketing implementation receives the character of ‘project’ in particular time horizon.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 51231.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Place Marketing; CPA; project; hypothetical scenario; Rostock;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- O22 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Project Analysis
- R50 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - General
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-MKT-2013-11-09 (Marketing)
- NEP-PPM-2013-11-09 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Theodore Metaxas, 2008. "Place Marketing, Strategic Planning and Competitiveness: The Case of Malta," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(9), pages 1357-1378, March.
- Gilles Pinson, 2002. "Political government and governance: strategic planning and the reshaping of political capacity in Turin," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 477-493, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.