Strategic Responses on Population Ageing in Regional Policy
AbstractPopulation ageing is one of the key processes affecting the development of European Union countries. The aim of this paper is an indication of the possibility of collective action against this challenge at the regional level. Article describe assumptions and recommendations for strategic management which taking into account the cooperation of entities from public sector (local governments), market sector (business) and social sector (NGOs). Closer analyses will be conducted on two examples of initiatives from European Union: the Regions for All Ages programme and network organization SEN@ER - Silver Economy Network of European Regions. The summary will indicate possible directions of further research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 50704.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
regional and local development; strategic management; cross-sector cooperation; silver economy;
Other versions of this item:
- Klimczuk, Andrzej, 2011. "Strategic Responses on Population Ageing in Regional Policy," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 261-265.
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- P25 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- Z18 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Public Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klimczuk, Andrzej, 2012.
"Creative Ageing Policy in Regional Development,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 100-104.
- Andrzej, Klimczuk, 2013.
"The Role of Medialabs in Regional Cultural and Innovative Policy,"
50705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klimczuk, Andrzej, 2013. "The Role of Medialabs in Regional Cultural and Innovative Policy," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 130-132.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.