Microfinanzas: Un análisis de experiencias y alternativas de regulacion
AbstractDuring last years there has been an increasing interest about the study of microfinance phenomena as long as the activity has been developing in several countries. There has been an important literature body regarding the different topics related to this theme. This paper focuses on the analysis of experiences of microfinance institutions (MFI) in different countries and the different regulatory approaches suggested for MFI, with the aim of reaching policy conclusions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 497.
Date of creation: 02 Apr 2006
Date of revision: 02 Apr 2006
Microfinance; experiencies; prudential regulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lapenu, Cécile & Zeller, Manfred, 2001.
"Distribution, growth, and performance of microfinance institutions in Africa, Asia, and Latin America,"
FCND briefs, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
114, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lapenu, Cécile & Zeller, Manfred, 2001. "Distribution, growth, and performance of microfinance institutions in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," FCND discussion papers, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) 114, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Delfiner, Miguel & Peron, Silvana, 2007. "Commercial Banks and Microfinance," MPRA Paper 10229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ricardo N. Bebczuk, 2008. "Financial Inclusion in Latin America and the Caribbean: Review and Lessons," CEDLAS, Working Papers, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata 0068, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.