[The Dilemma Between Efficiency and Equity——A Literature Review for the Affecting Factors of Pension Reforming]
AbstractThis paper gives a literature review for the affecting factors of pension reforming,the result indicates that,(1)Efficiency and equity are the two aspects of pension system ,and the aging problem,labor productivity,ma- croeconomic environment,et al. will affect the relationship between efficiency and equity.(2)Parameter adjusting and Structure reforming is a good way to strengthen the ability to cope with aging and improve the budget condi- tion for pension system.(3)In order to narrow the wealth gap ,keep some redistributive function is necessary.(4)D- uring a pension reforming,not only the equity is important ,but also the efficiency,the disequilibrium of capital market and labor market can be improved through pension reforming.(5)Pension reforming must pay attention to political preference of different interest group,the majority voting rule must be obeyed,which is useful to guarantee the system’s universality and impartiality,and will be good to enhance the political feasibility of pension reforming.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 49578.
Date of creation: 12 Jul 2013
Date of revision: 29 Aug 2013
Pension; Equity; Efficiency; Aging; Decision Mechanism;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2013-09-24 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-09-24 (Demographic Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Valdes-Prieto, Salvador, 2000. " The Financial Stability of Notional Account Pensions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 395-417, June.
- Robalino, David & Tatyana, Bogomolova, 2006.
"lmplicit Pension Debt in the Middle-East and North Africa Magnitude and Fiscal lmplications,"
12019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robalino, David & Bogomolova, Tatyana, 2006. "lmplicit Pension Debt in the Middle-East and North Africa: Magnitude and Fiscal lmplications," MPRA Paper 12016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Larry Willmore, 2004. "Universal Pensions in Low Income Countries," Public Economics 0412002, EconWPA.
- Peter Whiteford & Edward Whitehouse, 2006. "Pension Challenges and Pension Reforms in Oecd Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 78-94, Spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.