An Analysis of Korea-Vietnam Bilateral Trade Relation
AbstractRepublic of Korean – Vietnam relation has been rapidly deepened in all fields, especially trade and investment since the establishment of diplomatic ties in 1992. This paper analyzes the patterns and trends in the trade relations between the two countries in the past twenty years. Various trade indices such as Trade intensity, Trade complementarities, Intra industry and Revealed comparative advantages were used to describe the structure and composition in the Korea-Vietnam bilateral trade. The study results show that trade pattern between Korea and Vietnam is predominantly inter-industry trade and complementary. The main findings also suggest that there is significant potential for further growth of trade between two countries
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 48312.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Bilateral trade; trade pattern; intra-industry trade; revealed comparative advantage; Korea; Vietnam;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yushi Yoshida, 2008. "Intra-Industry Trade Between Japan and Korea: Vertical Intra-Industry Trade, Fragmentation and Export Margins," Discussion Papers 32, Kyushu Sangyo University, Faculty of Economics.
- Paulo Bastos & Manuel Cabral, 2007.
"The Dynamics of International Trade Patterns,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 143(3), pages 391-415, October.
- Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2012. "The Determinants of China-Japan-Koreas Vertical Intra Industry Trade to ASEAN4 countries," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201205, Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia, revised May 2012.
- Ando, Mitsuyo, 2006. "Fragmentation and vertical intra-industry trade in East Asia," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 257-281, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.