AbstractCity branding is a relatively new topic gaining extreme interest and a promising and practical field of marketing. Due to global competition, even more regions and cities around the world, are seeking solutions in place branding’s methods and practices, which now consists a main urban development tool. Having a significant amount of information, the study will focus on the city of Stockholm. Being capital of Sweden and city with strong economic and political background, the case study will focus on the factors which contribute to an attractive external image. Studying its economic structure, business environment, educational system, how residents and foreigners see and respect the city, as well as the existing city branding methods, we will try to identify the way in which city will be attractive in tourists, investors and residents, as well as whether the city manages to fulfill its objectives about Vision 2030, targeting on a “World-Class city”.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 48118.
Date of creation: Jun 2013
Date of revision:
City Branding; Place Marketing; Stockholm; Vision 2030; World-Class city; Brand Name;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- R59 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-IPR-2013-07-15 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MKT-2013-07-15 (Marketing)
- NEP-SEA-2013-07-15 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mihalis Kavaratzis & G. J. Ashworth, 2005. "City Branding: An Effective Assertion Of Identity Or A Transitory Marketing Trick?," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 96(5), pages 506-514, December.
- Kevin R. Cox, 2008. "Globalization, uneven development and capital: reflections on reading Thomas Friedman's The World Is Flat," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 1(3), pages 389-410.
- Cecilia Wong, 1998. "Determining Factors for Local Economic Development: The Perception of Practitioners in the North West and Eastern Regions of the UK," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 32(8), pages 707-720.
- Kindra, G. S. & Strizzi, Nicolino & Mansor, Norma, 1998. "The role of marketing in FDI generation: evidence from ASEAN countries," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 399-421, August.
- Steven Saeger, 1997. "Globalization and deindustrialization: Myth and reality in the OECD," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 133(4), pages 579-608, December.
- Bevan, Alan & Estrin, Saul & Meyer, Klaus, 2004. "Foreign investment location and institutional development in transition economies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-64, February.
- Sandberg, Åke & Augustsson, Fredrik & Lintala, Anne, 2007. "IT and telecom companies in Kista Science City, Northern Stockholm," MPRA Paper 10743, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cova, Bernard, 1996. "The postmodern explained to managers: Implications for marketing," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 15-23.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.