Diversification and development of the UAE’s economy
AbstractThis contribution examines the major features of UAE’s economy, its factors of strengths, undelying also its critical aspects. Furthermore, the work focuses on the crucial factors that characterize a diversified knowledge economy and indicates the policies that the economy of the United Arab Emirates must pursue in order to improve its performance and be a competitive economy at a global level. In addition, the paper tries to single out the new business sectors for the diversification and the development of the UAE’s economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 47089.
Date of creation: May 2013
Date of revision:
diversification; knowledge economy; institutions; innovation; development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O14 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2013-06-04 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2013-06-04 (Central & Western Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Theodore W. Schultz, 1960. "Capital Formation by Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 571.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011.
"Innovation and performance of Italian multinational enterprises of the “fourth capitalism”,"
34916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele SCHILIRO, 2011. "Innovation And Performance Of Italian Multinational Enterprises Of The "Fourth Capitalism"," Journal of Advanced Research in Management, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(2), pages 89-103, December.
- Mohit VIJ & Anu VIJ, 2012. "Tourism And Carbon Foot Prints In United Arab Emirates – Challenges And Solutions," Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 41-54, June.
- Tarik M. Yousef, 2004. "Development, Growth and Policy Reform in the Middle East and North Africa since 1950," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 91-115, Summer.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2010.
"Knowledge-based economies and the institutional environment,"
37138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele SCHILIRÒ, 2012. "Knowledge-Based Economies And The Institutional Environment," Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 42-50, June.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer S. & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2007. "Sources of Growth Revisited: Evidence from Selected MENA Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 752-771, May.
- Omar Masood & Bruno S. Sergi, 2008. "Quantitative measurement of economic sectors effect on the non-oil GDP in United Arab Emirates," International Journal of Trade and Global Markets, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 239-258.
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2001. "Employment protection," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-159, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.