[The Theoretical Framework and System of Innovation within Enterprises: Based on the Perspective of Ownership]
AbstractThis paper proposed a theoretical framework of innovation based on the perspective of ownership, and constructed an empirical research system of the relationship between ownership structure and innovation. In view of existing theme scattered and lack of interaction, this paper proposed a theoretical framework of the relationship between ownership structure and innovation which was regarded as a general theoretical framework for scholars in this domain. Meanwhile, this paper constructed an empirical research system of the relationship between ownership structure and innovation from the perspective of both ownership concentration and ownership types, which would be a beneficial reference for subsequent research. In the end, this paper shed light on future decision-making.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 47078.
Date of creation: Mar 2013
Date of revision:
Ownership structure; Innovation; Theoretical framework; Research system;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-83, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Trien Vinh Le & Jonathan P. O'Brien, 2010. "Can Two Wrongs Make a Right? State Ownership and Debt in a Transition Economy," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(7), pages 1297-1316, November.
- Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Rosina Moreno & Jordi Caralt, 2005.
"Ownership structure and innovation: is there a real link?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 637-662, December.
- Raquel Ortega Argiles & Rosina Moreno Serrano & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 2004. "Ownership structure and innovation: Is there a real link," Working Papers in Economics 111, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Raquel Ortega & Rosina Moreno & Jordi Surinach, 2003. "Ownership Structure and Innovation: Is There a Real Link?," ERSA conference papers ersa03p213, European Regional Science Association.
- Filippo Belloc, 2012. "Corporate Governance And Innovation: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 835-864, December.
- Tribó, Josep A. & Berrone, Pascual & Surroca, Jordi, 2007.
"Do the type and number of blockholders influence R&D investments? : new evidence from Spain,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/7427, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Josep A. Tribo & Pascual Berrone & Jordi Surroca, 2007. "Do the Type and Number of Blockholders Influence R&D Investments? New evidence from Spain," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 828-842, 09.
- Francis, Jennifer & Smith, Abbie, 1995. "Agency costs and innovation some empirical evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 383-409, April.
- Demsetz, Harold & Lehn, Kenneth, 1985. "The Structure of Corporate Ownership: Causes and Consequences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1155-77, December.
- Maria Rosa Battagion & Lucia Tajoli, 1999. "Ownership Structure, Innovation Process and Competitive Performance: the Case of Italy," KITeS Working Papers 120, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Nov 2000.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1983. "The Structure of Ownership and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 375-90, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Sadowski, Bert M. & Sadowski-Rasters, Gaby, 2006. "On the innovativeness of foreign affiliates: Evidence from companies in The Netherlands," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 447-462, April.
- Xu, Xiaonian & Wang, Yan, 1999. "Ownership structure and corporate governance in Chinese stock companies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 75-98.
- Holmström, Bengt, 1989. "Agency Costs and Innovation," Working Paper Series 214, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Paul Bishop & Nick Wiseman, 1999. "External ownership and innovation in the United Kingdom," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 443-450.
- Holmstrom, Bengt, 1989. "Agency costs and innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 305-327, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.