Skala Postaw Wobec Pieniędzy SPP: Konstrukcja i walidacja narzędzia pomiarowego
[Money Attitudes Questionnaire MAQ: Development and validation of measurement scale]
AbstractMoney attitudes are defined as relatively stable disposition to certain emotio- nal reactions to money, together with accompanying evaluations, opinions, and potentials ascribed to money and dispositions to certain financial behavior. This paper presents a new Polish scale to measure money attitudes. SPP Money Attitu- des Questionnaire consists of 58 items grouped in seven dimensions: control and planning, power, anxiety, debt aversion, occasion seeking, root of the evil, and pre- ference for cash. To verify the structure of the scale exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis was used. Validation studies were conducted on several heterogenic samples (taken together, N = 3375). Their results prove satisfactory reliability of the new scale, evaluated as internal consistency and test-retest reliability, and its good internal and external validity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 46515.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
money attitudes; individual differences; scale development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Prince, Melvin, 1993. "Self-concept, money beliefs and values," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 161-173, March.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-16, December.
- Belk, Russell W. & Wallendorf, Melanie, 1990. "The sacred meanings of money," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-67, March.
- T. Tang, 2007. "Income and Quality of Life: Does the Love of Money Make a Difference?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 72(4), pages 375-393, June.
- Furnham, Adrian, 1999. "The saving and spending habits of young people," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 677-697, December.
- Gasiorowska, Agata, 2013.
"Skrócona wersja Skali Postaw Wobec Pieniędzy SPP-25. Dobór pozycji i walidacja narzędzia
[Short version of Money Attitudes Questionnaire. Items selection and scale validation]," MPRA Paper 48169, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.