Do consumers buy bread and diamond with the same attachment?
AbstractBuying patterns of the country Pakistan has been investigated in regards to high and low involvement products. The investigation has taken various economic indicators namely inflation rate, unemployment rate, interest rate (average) and per capita income (MP) into account. The data years 1991 – 2010 of said economic indicators and high and low involvement products consumption has been analyzed and reported. The results draw to conclusion that unemployment rate, per capita income, inflation and interest rate have an irregular (fluctuating) tendency for the dissimilar time periods. While in the existence of the shocking and fluctuating trends of the outlined economic players consumption patterns of high and low involvement products co move with each other which implies that no matter, the consumers are rich or poor, they have the same buying aptitude for high (diamond) and low (bread) involvement products in the presence of inflation or hyperinflation or the other shocks in macroeconomic players in Pakistani society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 45094.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Science Series Data Report 2.4(2012): pp. 42-49
High involvement product; Low involvement products; economical players; co-integration.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M3 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2009.
"Common Trends and Common Cycles among Interest Rates of the G7-Countries,"
77, Institute of Empirical Economic Research.
- Lindenberg, Nannette & Westermann, Frank, 2012. "Common trends and common cycles among interest rates of the G7-countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1125-1140.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2009. "Common Trends and Common Cycles among Interest Rates of the G7-Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 2532, CESifo Group Munich.
- F. Thomas Juster & Paul Wachtel, 1972. "Inflation and the Consumer," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(1), pages 71-122.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber & Lakhiya, Zubair, 2011. "The Structure and Performance of Economy of Pakistan (Comparative Study between Democratic and Non-Democratic Governments)," MPRA Paper 34732, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms.Amber, 2009.
"A Study On The Association Between Brand Awareness And Consumer/Brand Loyalty For The Packaged Milk Industry In Pakistan,"
21367, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Sep 2009.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "A study on the association between brand awareness and consumer/brand loyalty for the packaged milk industry in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 34801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nadia Zakir & Muhammad Idrees, 2009.
"Trends in Inequality, Welfare, and Growth in Pakistan, 1963-64 to 2004-05,"
2009:53, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Nadia Zakir & Muhammad Idrees, 2009. "Trends in Inequality, Welfare, and Growth in Pakistan, 1963-64 to 2004-05," Microeconomics Working Papers 22983, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ivan O. Kitov, 2008.
"Real GDP per capita in developed countries,"
- Hasan, Syed Akif & Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2012. "The crux of green marketing: an empirical effusive study," MPRA Paper 35688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weber, Warren E, 1975. "Interest Rates, Inflation, and Consumer Expenditures," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 843-58, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.