Constraints in Organizational Learning, Cognitive Load and it’s Effect on Employee Behavior
AbstractTraditionally, learning organizations face certain constraints related to both exogenous and endogenous factors. In this paper, I model three well established constraints that employees face while being part of their organizations. These are in the tune of constraints on their natural behavior which is explicit, and two implicit constraints on their endeavor to acquire new knowledge and perform new actions. The implicit constraints which are elaborated, is related to their relative performance in acquiring new knowledge and by their consecutive actions based on the new knowledge gained. This paper, so forth, attempts to underline such limitations which the agents face under organizational culture and suggest possible strategic initiatives that would effectively counteract such binding limitations to stimulate positive performances from their end.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44407.
Date of creation: 11 Jan 2013
Date of revision: Feb 2013
Organizational learning; constraints; employee behavior; cognitive load; knowledge; organizational adaptation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-03-16 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2013-03-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HRM-2013-03-16 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-KNM-2013-03-16 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-NEU-2013-03-16 (Neuroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chatterjee, Sidharta, 2010. "Behavioral Aspects of Organizational Learning and Adaptation," MPRA Paper 27365, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.