Does Higher Education System of United Kingdom Produce Enough Graduates?
AbstractIn this discourse the researcher tried to make the readers view the three-dimensional image of the productivity and contribution of higher education of United Kingdom, quantitatively as well as qualitatively, through the prism of comparison with that of USA and France. The researcher presented information regarding population, economic status, graduate enrolment and entrance trend of the higher education students in the United Kingdom. And at the end the researcher gave the data depicting the impact of higher education on the UK economy. Although, UK comes to the second place (after the USA, a giant in knowledge and economy) in the world, yet the competing situation in France could not be overlooked. The researcher thinks it will make the reader able to have, not only, some knowledge of the higher education system but also the relationship of higher education and labour market. It will also help the reader to dig out into the efficacy and efficiency of the system with regards to the economic development of the state.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 44265.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Archives Des Sciences No. 5.Vol 65(2012): pp. 90-105
Higher Education; United Kingdom; Graduates;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education and Research Institutions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen, Jim & Boezerooy, Petra & Weert, Egbert de & Velden, Rolf van der, 2000.
"Higher Eeucation and graduate employment in the Netherlands,"
Open Access publications from Maastricht University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-20752, Maastricht University.
- Allen, Jim & Boezerooy, Petra & Weert, Egbert de & Velden, Rolf van der, 2000. "Higher education and graduate employment in the Netherlands," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-13574, Maastricht University.
- Heijke Hans & Meng Christoph, 2006. "The effects of higher education programme characteristics on allocation and performance of the graduates: a European view," Research Memoranda 005, Maastricht : ROA, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.