Regulación Económica Para La Tarifa De Parqueaderos En Bogotá Mediante Precios Máximos
[Economic Regulation For The Parking Fare In Bogota Trough Maximum Prices]
AbstractThe main objective of this study is to estimate the price cap through which the parking service fares should be regulated in Bogota, by means of the theoretical guidelines of the transportation economic theory and under the price fixation criterion. The results of this analysis are evinced based on primary information (surveys), non linear (Box-Cox) total production cost, and mathematics optimization (comparative statics). It is concluded that current price per minute is overestimated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43891.
Date of creation: 14 Mar 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Cuadernos de Economía 31.58(2012): pp. 287-302
economic regulation; parking fare; Bogota; prices cap; total cost function; Box-Cox; comparative static;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Systems - - - Government Pricing and Policy
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Systems - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Loube, 1995. "Price Cap Regulation: Problems and Solutions," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(3), pages 286-298.
- Shoup, Donald C., 1997. "The High Cost of Free Parking," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt25w617n7, University of California Transportation Center.
- Bruno De Borger & Kristiaan Kerstens & Matthias Staat, 2008.
"Transit Costs and Cost Efficiency: Bootstrapping Nonparametric Frontiers,"
2008-ECO-08, IESEG School of Management.
- de Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Staat, Matthias, 2008. "Transit costs and cost efficiency: Bootstrapping non-parametric frontiers," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 53-64, January.
- De Borger B. & Kerstens K. & Staat M., 2008. "Transit costs and cost efficiency: bootstrapping non-parametric frontiers," Working Papers 2008012, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade, 2005. "Transport costs: measures, determinants, and regional policy implications for France," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 319-349, June.
- Anderson, Simon P. & de Palma, Andre, 2004. "The economics of pricing parking," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Jorge Perdomo, 2011. "A methodological proposal to estimate changes of residential property value: case study developed in Bogota," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(16), pages 1577-1581.
- Shoup, Donald C., 1997. "The High Cost of Free Parking," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4vz087cc, University of California Transportation Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.