Laws or luck? Understanding rising formality in Brazil in the 2000s
AbstractAnalyzes the causes for the decline in informality in Brazil during the decade of the 2000s. Illustrates the importance of public policy, both at the macroeconomic and micro level in influencing the labour market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43608.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
informality; labour market; Brazil;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frenkel, Roberto & Ros, Jaime, 2006. "Unemployment and the real exchange rate in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 631-646, April.
- Guilherme Delgado & Ana Carolina Querino & André Campos & Fábio Vaz & Leonardo Rangel & Matheus Stivali, 2007. "Avaliação do Simples: Implicações à Formalização Previdenciária," Discussion Papers 1277, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Neri, Marcelo Cortes & Moura, Rodrigo Leandro de, 2005. "La institucionalidad del salario mínimo en Brasil," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 607, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- David KUCERA & Leanne RONCOLATO, 2008. "Informal employment: Two contested policy issues," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 147(4), pages 321-348, December.
- Keifman, Saul N. & Maurizio, Roxana, 2012. "Changes in Labour Market Conditions and Policies: Their Impact on Wage Inequality during the Last Decade," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bertranou, Fabio & Casanova, Luis & Sarabia, Marianela, 2013. "How, Why and in What Sectors Employment Informality Decreased in Argentina from 2003 to 2012," MPRA Paper 47467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.