К Вопросу О Классификации Российских Журналов По Экономике И Смежным Дисциплинам
[On classification of Russian journals in Economics and related fields]
AbstractIn this paper we attempt to classify Russian journals in economics and related disciplines for their scientific significance. We show that currently used criteria, such as a journal’s presence in the Higher Attestation Committee’s list of journals and the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) impact factor, are not very useful for assessing the academic quality of journals. Based on detailed data, including complete reference lists for 2010-2011, we find significant differentiation of Russian journals, including among those located at the top of the RSCI list. We identify two groups of Russian journals, tentatively called category A and B journals, that can be regarded as most important from the viewpoint of their contribution to the economic science. Executive summary is available at p. 52.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43459.
Date of creation: 27 Dec 2012
Date of revision:
journal rankings; economics journals; Russia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2013-01-12 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-SOG-2013-01-12 (Sociology of Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-01-12 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muravyev, Alexander, 2011. "О Российской Экономической Науке Сквозь Призму Публикаций Российских Ученых В Отечественных И Зарубежных Ж�," MPRA Paper 30230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Gibson & David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2012. "Which Journal Rankings Best Explain Academic Salaries? Evidence from the University of California," Working Papers in Economics 12/10, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.