Trade-Related Policies and Practices in Honduras
AbstractThe study is organized as follows: Chapter 1 reviews the recent performance of the Honduran economy and the objective and coverage of the study. Chapter 2 provides a detailed examination of policies guiding trade and key institutions controlling trade practices. Chapter 3 describes trade control measures in terms of tariff measures, price controls, financial measures, quality controls, and technical measures. Chapter 4 examines trade and macroeconomic policies affecting exports through direct export policies, tariff-induced biases against exports, and exchange rate policies affecting the international competitiveness of exports. Chapter 5 proposes a trade strategy for Honduras in the light of its existing national development plan, and it identifies the key initiatives needed to support the proposed strategy and the preparation of the WTO trade policy review.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 41169.
Date of creation: Jan 2001
Date of revision:
Honduras; trade policy; tariffs; protectionism; export policies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- O2 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.