Faible financement bancaire dans la zone uemoa : une analyse des causes de ce mal récurrent
[Low financing in the waemu zone: an analysis of the causes of this disease recurring]
AbstractIn this working paper, we analyze the causes of under bank financing in the WAEMU (West African economic and monetary union) zone is characterized by yet quasi-permanent bank liquidity and a stable currency (the CFA franc) with unlimited convertibility guaranteed by France. We have identified several factors that explain this phenomenon among which we can mention: the low banking penetration, the importance of the informal financial sector, the limited scope of monetary policy. One important outcome of this study is that a flexible monetary policy (inflation for a little more economic growth) could facilitate the access of entrepreneurs and private to banking services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40821.
Date of creation: Jan 2009
Date of revision: 24 Aug 2012
liquidity; financial system; WAEMU; the CFA franc; bank financing; the real economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- N17 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Africa; Oceania
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY & Kangni KPODAR, 2004.
"Développement financier, instabilité financière et croissance économique,"
- Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY & Kangni KPODAR, 2004. "Développement financier, instabilité financière et croissance économique," Macroeconomics 0407004, EconWPA.
- Lee, Jaewoo, 1996. "Financial development by learning," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 147-164, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.