Debt trap - monetary indicators of Hungary's indebtedness
AbstractIn the circumstances of the financial crisis, sovereign debts have increased with an effect on foreign exchange rates (NEERs), CDS spreads, market liquidity and debt exposures in foreign currencies. This study aims to examine the features of the Hungarian sovereign debt by analysing the possible interactions among the variables and also the monetary aspects of debt financing. At the end, some conclusions are drawn from a monetary perspective.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 40343.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
nominal FX rate; real effective FX rate; CDS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balázs Vonnák, 2007.
"The Hungarian Monetary Transmission Mechanism: an Assessment,"
MNB Working Papers
2007/3, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
- Balazs Vonnak, 2008. "The Hungarian monetary transmission mechanism: an assessment," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Transmission mechanisms for monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 35, pages 235-257 Bank for International Settlements.
- Égert, Balázs, 2006.
"Central Bank Interventions, Communication and Interest Rate Policy in Emerging European Economies,"
134, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Egert, Balazs, 2007. "Central bank interventions, communication and interest rate policy in emerging European economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 387-413, June.
- Balazs Egert, 2006. "Central Bank Interventions, Communication and Interest Rate Policy in Emerging European Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1869, CESifo Group Munich.
- Balazs Egert, 2006. "Central Bank Interventions, Communication and Interest Rate Policy in Emerging European Economies," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0615, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- András Rezessy, 2010. "Analysing currency risk premia in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia," MNB Working Papers 2010/7, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel, 2002.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through, Exchange Rate Volatility, and Exchange Rate Disconnect,"
NBER Working Papers
8858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Engel, Charles, 2002. "Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 913-940, July.
- M.B. Devereux & Ch. Engel, 2003. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through, Exchange Rate Volatility, and ExchangeRate Disconnect," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 77, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Rebecca L Driver & Peter F Westaway, 2005. "Concepts of equilibrium exchange rates," Bank of England working papers 248, Bank of England.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.