The development labour intensive industry in ASEAN countries: an overview
AbstractThe overview analyses the results of the country studies undertaken by the ILO’s Asian Employment Programme with the aim of contributing to the evolution of a policy framework for labour intensive development for ASEAN. These country study results are examined in the context of the industrialization debate in the 1970s and 1980s for import-substitution industrial growth versus export-led growth with much greater reliance on market forces and an open economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38967.
Date of creation: Dec 1981
Date of revision:
Labour Economics; Labour Industry; Labour Productivity; Development of Labour; Industrial Labour; ASEAN Countries;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weijland, H., 1985. "Rural industry and its agricultural base : an inquiry into a new field of research in development economics," Serie Research Memoranda 0024, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Amjad, Rashid, 1987. "Human resource development: the Asian experience in employment and manpower planning - an overview," MPRA Paper 38135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amjad, Rashid, 1984. "Small-scale industries and rural development: implications for rural industrialisation in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 39178, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fukunishi, Takahiro & Yamagata, Tatsufumi, 2013. "Slow and steady wins the race : how the garment industry leads industrialization in low-income countries," IDE Discussion Papers 412, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.